Just 10 hours ago, I was nominated by Audrey from Audrey simplicity the Liebster award. This was the first time I received such an award and I am indeed very honoured to be a nominee and please do check Audrey out at her blog.
WHAT IS LIEBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
With that, I would like to nominate these few people because I find their blogs to be worthy of checking out! Do take some time to drop by their blogs and give them a heads up.
RULES OF THE AWARD
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and links back to their blogs. (Note from me: Pingback to this post in your post that I may not miss your response to my questions)
- Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers to receive the award and write them several new questions.
- List the rules and display the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
If my nominees do not wish to accept the award, that’s fine, I’m cool with it. Though I would love to know more about my fellow bloggers. Have a blessed weekend!
MY QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:
- What inspires you to blog/ write?
- What do you do when you don’t have anything to blog/ write about?
- How do you ensure that you always come back or stay consistent to blogging/ writing?
- What is the best advice you can give to other bloggers who are starting out?
- If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What advice could you share with me for me to improve in my blog?
- Describe the best day of your life.
My Response to Audrey’s Questions:
1.What is the story behind your blog’s name?
I just wanted people to know my name therefore didn’t really have much creativity to deciding what kind of blog name I would use.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted my photos to be seen by people from all over the world. I also wanted to make myself shoot more photos despite my busy working schedule and family.
3. What, according to you, is the best thing about blogging?
Best thing about blogging is to allow myself to share they beautiful pictures and also to express my thoughts in it. Sharing also is great, don’t you think?
4. What is/are your goal(s) for 2017?
I have started a weekly photo challenge for 2017. Funny thing is I was looking at the 2016 themes instead of the 2017 (yes, you can giggle at this). I also challenged my friend Michael to do the same so we could motivate and encourage each other to post and continue to take photos. Oh and yes, we are still sticking with 2016’s themes!
5. Where are you from and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
I am from Singapore. I heard that Singaporeans are not friendly and we complain a lot. I have to disagree on that first statement that Singaporeans are not friendly. It really depends on the individual. As for the complaining part. Don’t we all complain? I guess we all just need to vent and let out. Here, there isn’t much of a backdoor we can go out to.
6. What kind of traveler are you – spontaneous or planner?
I plan quite a fair bit with my wife for vacations, but we do play by ear depending on the situation we are in there and then. So I guess I am a bit of both.
7. Share your worst travel experience ever.
I used to take the night bus with my dad from Johor Bahru (JB) to Penang, Malaysia. I was in my primary school days when I was actually robbed at a bookstore, leaving me shocked and till this day, I still remember it quite clearly. Too young and too naive. Sadly these robbing incidents continue to take place in JB till date. Many Singaporeans get robbed by the people there.
8. What is one important lesson you have learnt in your travels?
Planning really helps to prevent setbacks. I’m not really a frequent traveller but I do travel yearly with my wife to explore some of the bucket list countries. So planning helps us because it won’t waste time and leave us hanging. So plan, but don’t be afraid when sometimes things to fall into plan. Look forward and keep moving on! Don’t let the small setbacks take your joy away from enjoying your travels!
An awesome thank you once again to Audrey for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Don’t forget to check out her wonderful blog at Audrey Bless you dearly!
Image of Liebster award is taken from theglobalaussie. Thank you!